This theme is perfect for your Hollywood and movie addict barkada. Showbiz is such a very colorful world and no doubt most people get hooked on updates about the colorful lives and out-of-this-world antics of celebrities. If you and your friends are always posted on the latest Hollywood gossip – perhaps on who got arrested for DUI this time, or who got the most Oscars this year, you may want to experience how it’s like to be on the limelight at least for one night. Make this come true and plan a Hollywood or Awards Night Theme party for your debut instead!
After you’ve sent out all invites to your debut party, call your guests one-by-one to confirm their attendance. Ask them what celebrity or who they will be at your party. Make a checklist so that there is no duplication of a celebrity to be represented.
This party theme aims to make all your guests enjoy. And so, the following are some tips on how to make your Hollywood / Awards Night party a blast and truly a night to remember!
- Be sure to have a red carpet welcome your guests at the entrance. This will make them feel special. Remember, it’s not everyday that everyone gets to feel like a star!
- Have a lot of paparazzi spread out in your venue. Just like you, your friends are camwhores, who can pose pretty (and crazy) in front of the cam. If you only have 1 – 2 photographers, ask some friends to bring external flashes or extra cameras and have extra people click on them to get the effect that your event is getting full media coverage!
- Make a “wall” with your name or the title of your party on it. This wall with a designed background is usually where celebs pose for photographers and get interviewed during events.
- You know you aren’t selfish, and you want your amigas to enjoy the way you are having fun. So why not prepare some funky games for them? You can play “Guess the Celeb” where you print out a picture of celebrities and have your guests guess their identities. You can make it more difficult by asking a different question such as who the celebrity’s current beau is, or what film he or she has appeared in.
- Put the limelight upon your guests. Announce a contest where you get to be the judge of who has the most creative outfit or who has the best make-up.
- Days before the party or when you invite them, tell your guests that you will be having a celebrity look-a-like contest during your party. Those who may win this contest either look like the celeb or dress or act like him / her. Make up is also a huge factor in getting to look like the stars, thus, an announcement beforehand is important so that your guests can prepare.
- Be proud of your favorite actors. Why not make a standee of 2 or more of your favorite stars and of yourself too of course, and put them on every corner of the venue? This way, there will be more photo opportunities at your party. They will surely have fun with all the eye-candies you will be putting around.
Post Party Props:
- Aside from the Oscar trophy shaped keychain or stuffed toy you gave your guests as tokens, you may want to walk that extra mile to thank them for coming by sending thank-you cards.
- Since your guests are all internet savvy, you can just email blast your thank you message, and put a link at the bottom where they can view the pictures at the party. This will make them excited to view the link and recall the fun that was your debut party.
- Do not only display pictures. Put some interesting captions in it, just like it was being covered by a newspaper. Refer to your favorite showbiz magazine for the tone of event coverages. Caption your photos in such a way that the people in it are all famous!
Of course it’s still your party so do not forget to enjoy yourself as well! Tweak the traditional debut programme. Instead of the conventional 18 roses, gifts and wishes, you can do something that is still in-sync with your Hollywood theme.
- Have your friends dedicate 18 movies to you along with a creative explanation and a corresponding wish.
- For your 18 roses, choose only movie theme songs to dance to such as “My Heart Will Go On”, —
- For your 18 presents, have your guests compare you to a celebrity or a movie character, which may have led them to give you a particular gift.
The Hollywood / Awards Night theme is great only if your guests are game to participate in your contests and are really willing to dress up for the party. If your friends are all outgoing types and party animals, you won’t have a hard time with your gimmicks. But of course, encouragement also plays an important role to get your party to be successful. You wouldn’t know who among your friends you will be helping to discover something about herself!
Photo Credit: Image by © Robert Landau/Corbis