A cool rocker chic that you are deserves a party that spells attitude so do it the punk-rock way! Exude your very own unique style and turn your 18th birthday party into a rock ‘n roll concert.
When inviting your family and friends, inform (or warn?) them that your theme is rock n’ roll. Ask them to wear something cool, which is great for some people especially if they aren’t comfortable wearing formal clothes. You may simply put “Wear ATTITUDE” in your invites and they’ll get the point – or call them up to make sure that they do. Don that favorite outfit of yours and forget conventions for a while so that you can truly enjoy this one-of-a-kind party.
- A punk-rock debut party will never be complete without a band. Hire your favorite rock ‘n roll band for this special day.
- If you have a tight budget, ask your musician friends to play at your party instead. Let them sing your favorite rock songs, better yet, play with the band yourself and show your talent to the rest of the world. After all, you are 18 already! As society welcomes you, surprise them with what you have to offer.
- Instead of numbering your guests tables, name them as your favorite bands and rock icons instead – Nirvana, Silverchair, Pete Doherty, Chemical Romance, Paul McCartney, Arctic Monkeys, etc.
- Decorate your venue with musical instruments. You can also display your own memorabilia if you want to show off your items that you had your rock idols signed.
- Print out a part of the lyrics of some famous rock / alternative songs and stick these pieces of paper to your guests’ chairs. If they guess the song title or the artist who played it, they get a prize. Ask someone to roam around the tables to get answers and give prizes. If a guest doesn’t know the song, he is allowed to ask the people around him. This game is definitely perfect for guest interaction.
- Have a Guitar Hero contest!
- For your 18 roses, ask each of your boys to sing and dedicate a rock song for you before giving you the rose. If they are too shy to sing, you may ask them to dance with you instead while the song plays in the background.
Post Party Props:
- Give away idea: You can give your guests bracelets made of guitar strings! Visit www.microminds.multiply.com
- Give away idea: You can also give your guests miniature musical instruments!
- Thank you card: Instead of the ordinary thank-you card, compose a thank-you song instead and put it in notes. If you have the means, record the song and send it via CD or email.
Your rock n’ roll birthday party will definitely be unforgettable because everyone gets to be themselves. Aside from that, you also get to be different from your friends who have had traditional debut birthday parties. Let that uniqueness in you outshine the rest and rock n’ roll your way to fun!