Your debut is a very special day. Not only is it a celebration of your 18th birthday, it also marks your arrival as a young adult to the society you will be embracing. You certainly have to look not just good but beautiful. You have to outshine your guests because after all, you are the star here.
Impress your friends and family with your sense of style by dressing up with a cool outfit and carry yourself in a way that exudes your unmistakable self-confidence. But remember that your self-confidence starts when you know you look perfect. You have to be aware of how to look good in a make-up.
During your debut party, you may be leaving the makeup task on a professional or probably a friend or your sister who is more adept at applying makeup. But if you want to do it yourself, be sure to have someone who can honestly tell you if you are already applying too much, or if you still need some more. Your make up may not look the same on a different lighting setup so make sure that you consider this as well. Here are some general tips about how to apply make-up on yourself.
First, select your gown or dress, your shoes and accessories weeks or even months before the awaited day. As soon as all of these things have come together, you will have an idea as to how you want yourself to look. With all these elements in mind, you will be able to choose your makeup color and style accordingly.
Keep your skin fresh
- Use warm water and your face wash to clean your face
- Rub ice on your face for five to ten minutes, in breaks
- Wipe your face with a cotton ball dabbed on a cleansing milk
- Apply moisturizer on your face but make sure that you don’t leave it oily
Prepare your base
- Choose your foundation based on your complexion. Apply it all over your face with the help of a brush or a sponge. On the broader parts of your face, you can use a darker shade of your foundation.
- Now, with the help of a brush, apply shimmer powder on your face over the foundation.
- Add color on your face gradually by blushing your cheeks. After your cheeks, blush the sides of your forehead and chin also.
Tantalize your eyes
- First, you need to apply eye shadow on your eyelids
- Then, by using eyeliner, define your eyes. Make use of short strokes.
- After that, apply two to three coats of mascara on your lashes’ tips.
- Last but not the least, define your eyebrows by using an eyebrow pencil.
Red your lips
- Precisely contour your lips with the help of a lip liner / pencil
- Then, apply your lip color. Use a lip brush.
- Blot your applied lipstick with tissue, then apply lipstick once more.
- Lastly, add a coat of lip gloss on top of your lipstick for a more stunning overall look.
Now that you have become a young adult, using cosmetics will be inevitable because this is the time in your life when you might be going to parties all the time. Start studying your face and know what colors suit your skin. Know the rules and limits of wearing make-up. For example, you can apply a heavy eye or lip makeup, but not both at the same time. Ask your sister or your friends for some make up tips. You may also do your research about the makeup styles that are “in” now. Once you know these trends, show your personality by applying your creativity and personal style.